Time For The Spurs Rat-Pack To Get Oooot Of Toon!

Last updated : 22 March 2009 By Footy Mad - Editor
We have Joe Kinnear on his sick bed, in a job that would give an Olympic athlete a heart-attack, never mind a guy who found the going too tough at Luton Town and Nottingham Forest and has been prone to the odd bit of high blood pressure.

Yes we all wish him well and a speedy recovery, but sentiment doesn't come into it with relegation looking us full in the face.

Then we have ex-Spurs player No 2 ... caretaker boss Chris Hughton. The man with the WORST managerial record in the history of football!

Add to him ex-Spurs player No 3, Colin Calderwood - four wins out of 27 games with Nottingham Forest this season - before they launched him by the arse of his pants towards Tyneside.

And King of the Cockney Rat Pack ... Mike Ashley ... who was caught on camera (on the final whistle of the Arsenal game) laughing his socks off as the four stands - from the Leazes to the Gallowgate - were two-thirds empty.

We are in trouble, and although the penny hadn't dropped with Hughton until two weeks ago, perhaps he will now look at the Premiership table and understand the concern of the fans.

Concern they have shown for the last SIX MONTHS ... while those in their ivory towers try and fill us full of the usual shit!

We ran the headline - "Hughton & Calerwood Will Take Us Down!" - many weeks ago. And although 75% of Toon fans agreed, the other 25% said we were Doom-mongers.

Even Hughton is starting to scratch his head.

The Magpies have dropped into the bottom three as a result of wins for Portsmouth and Stoke, and the defeat to the Gunners.

We sit in 18th place, two points adrift of safety and in severe danger of dropping out of the top flight for the first time since returning in 1993.

Hughton: "I accept it is going to be a dogfight now through to the end of the season.

"We are well aware of the position. We have eight games left, we need to get enough results to stay in this division and we need to get results quickly.

"I have had no indication that anything will change.

"Joe will be back at the time when he will be back, but apart from that, I am not aware of anything else."