Newcastle United's struggles in front of goal this season have been well documented, with Joselu their top scorer across all competitions with just four goals.
Manager Rafael Benitez is eager to improve his side's attacking options, and, as reported by the Daily Mail, Newcastle are closing in on the signing of Sparta Prague forward Michael Krmencik.
Here are five facts about the 24-year-old.
1) Having previously represented the Czech Republic at various youth levels, Krmencik made his senior debut for his country in 2016 and has now scored six times for his country.
Viktoria Pilsen's Michael Krmencik and Hapoel Beer-Sheva's Hatem Elhamed vie for the ball during the UEFA Europa League group G football match between FC Viktoria Plzen and Hapoel Beer-...
2) Krmencik has been in prolific form for Sparta Prague this season, scoring 16 goals across all competitions, while he has also impressed with his linkup play as he has provided seven assists.
3) After joining Sparta Prague in 2011, Krmencik gained valuable experience during five loan spells, including a stint with Dukla Prague, for whom he scored seven times in 25 league games.
4) At 6 feet and 2 inches, the forward offers a significant aerial threat which makes him difficult for opposing defenders to deal with.
5) Krmencik has been especially impressive in the Europa League this season, scoring three goals in four appearances, which included a brace at home to FC Lugano.