Pardew Out (Thank God!)

Last updated : 15 February 2015 By Footy Mad - Editor

Image result for FA Cup trophy

Liverpool are through to the FA Cup quarter-finals after a second-half comeback steered them to a 2-1 win against Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park.

The Reds trailed at the interval to Fraizer Campbell's follow-up strike on the quarter-hour mark.

But Daniel Sturridge netted a volleyed equaliser four minutes into the second half and, nine minutes later, Adam Lallana converted on the rebound when Julian Speroni failed to deal with substitute Mario Balotelli's free-kick.

Blackburn came from behind to book their place in the last eight as well as Josh King's hat-trick helped the Sky Bet Championship outfit record a surprise 4-1 victory over Stoke, who had Geoff Cameron sent off just before half time.

The Potters took a 10th-minute lead at Ewood Park through Peter Crouch's third goal in three games, but things went badly wrong for the Barclays Premier League side from there.

King brought things level before a foul on the Norway forward in first-half stoppage time earned Cameron a straight red card and Blackburn a penalty, which Rovers' top-scorer Rudy Gestede converted.

Two quickfire slotted efforts from King after the break wrapped up the triumph as Stoke boss Mark Hughes suffered an embarrassing return to his old club.

West Brom were another side who advanced into the quarter-finals in emphatic style, seeing off West Ham 4-0 at The Hawthorns.

Brown Ideye netted twice to take his tally to four goals in his last three matches, the efforts coming either side of a James Morrison strike as Tony Pulis' men established a 3-0 lead inside the first hour.

Albion also ended up facing 10 men, with Hammers substitute Morgan Amalfitano, once on loan at West Brom, being given his marching orders 10 minutes after coming on, and moments later Saido Berahino fired in the Baggies' fourth.

Reading emerged triumphant from their all-Championship fifth-round tie at Derby, with transfer deadline day signing Yakubu coming off the bench to seal a 2-1 victory.

Once again there was a sending-off, Rams defender Stephen Warnock seeing red in the first half, and after Hal Robson-Kanu's opener for the visitors shortly into the second period was cancelled out by Darren Bent, Yakubu clinically despatched the winner eight minutes from time.