The 33-year-old Argentina international was an early favourite with the bookmakers when news of Crystal Palace's approach for Pardew emerged, although sources on Tyneside were swift to dismiss the speculation.
Now Coloccini has re-affirmed his intention to concentrate on his playing career having first been linked with the post last year when Pardew found himself under intense pressure.
Speaking after his side's roller-coaster 3-3 Barclays Premier League draw with Burnley on Thursday afternoon, he said: "I am a football player now and want to play for a few years more. I want to enjoy being on the pitch.
"It's not for now."
Assistant manager John Carver took charge of the team with Pardew in the stands for Palace's trip to Aston Villa, and Coloccini admitted it had been a tough few days for the players.
He said: "It is a difficult situation, but John Carver is with us. He has the experience to take the job.
"Of course it is difficult, but it has not affected the team. When you go on the field, you have to leave all the problems behind you."