The striker was the subject of a high-profile club-versus-country row earlier in the season, when the Welsh FA insisted on his participation in international games, despite United’s protestations that he was injured.
Now after the best part of four months on the sidelines Bellamy is approaching a return to first-team action, and as a gesture of thanks to the club has said that he will not make himself available for Wales until at least the summer.
"I've missed a massive amount of football this season, but it's not over yet. There is still a lot of this season to be played,” said Bellamy.
"I owe Newcastle everything and my main priority has to be them. I have a major commitment to the club. I have to rule myself out of any international selection, until at least the summer."
But that means he will miss just one game, a friendly against Scotland on February 18, which he was unlikely to be selected for anyway given his recent lack of first-team action.