Ranger Told To Stay Out Of Newcastle!

Last updated : 10 August 2013 By Footy Mad - Editor

The London-born 22-year-old - who was released from the St James' Park Club - will appear at Newcastle Crown Court later this year

Ranger has been ordered to stay out of Newcastle following his first court appearance charged with rape.

Under the conditions of his bail, the London-born 22-year-old was ordered not to enter the Northumbria Police force area north of the Tyne.

It came as he appeared at Newcastle Magistrates’ Court charged with raping a woman in a Tyneside hotel in January.

Ranger was formally charged in July more than six months after officers received a report of the attack in the early hours of Wednesday, January 23.

The complainant claimed she was raped at the Carlton Hotel on Osborne Road in Jesmond, Newcastle.

Ranger, who arrived at court with a pal, spoke only to confirm his name, age and address during the brief hearing yesterday.

His hair was plaited around his head and he wore a white shirt, black leather jacket, black trousers and a red and green belt with silver buckle. His new tattoo – ‘Ranger’ – was emblazoned across his forehead.

Chairman of the bench John Doyle told the ex-England U-19 striker: “You will now appear at the crown court and you are on conditional bail.

“The conditions are that you live and sleep in Bailey Close in London and you do not contact prosecution witnesses in any shape or form by social media or by getting someone to contact them on your behalf.

“You are also not to enter Northumbria Police force area except for court appearances or for legal appointments.”

Police arrived at the player’s former home on Edwin Avenue South, Forest Hall in North Tyneside, just hours after the alleged rape was reported to officers and took him to Wallsend police station for questioning. The ex-NUFC striker was released by the club in March after almost six years.

Ranger, whose address was given as Bailey Close, Harringey, London, will appear at Newcastle Crown Court later this month. After being quizzed he was released on bail before being formally charged by Northumbria Police.

The former Crystal Palace schoolboy player joined St James’ Park from Southampton in 2008 at the age of 17. He left in March by mutual consent.



PLEASE join Newcastle Utd-Mad on Facebook:-